Responsible to: Senior Staff Management
Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: Must be available full time from May to September 2020. Some part time work prior to the start of the programme may also be required.
Salary: Dependent on experience.
SLV.Global is a mental health organisation, providing mental health placements to psychology students and graduates. Currently operating across Asia and beginning operations in Eastern Europe in June 2019.
Summary of the Role:
This summer the SLV.Global team are excited to be piloting our Peace & Positive Psychology Programme that will take place throughout Croatia. We are looking for an experienced facilitator to assist in the running of the programme. This facilitator will be encouraged to give creative input to the evolving nature of this programme and subsequently supervise the running of the workshops.
This role is full time and requires travelling and living alongside participants, offering ongoing support to help maximise their experience whilst on the programme.
Summary of the Peace & Positive Psychology Programme
Our pilot program in Croatia is being designed to give participants an introduction to both Peace & Positive Psychology in action. The exact details of the placement are yet to be announced and finalised.
Peace Psychology deals with the psychological aspects of peace, conflict, violence, and war. Focusing on the psychological aspects of the reduction and resolution of conflicts. Whilst Positive psychology is "the scientific study of what makes life most worth living".
The programme will involve receiving training and exposure to Mental Health organisations and clinical institutions. The programme includes staying in multiple locations, beginning in Zagreb then travelling through Croatia and ending the programme in a beautiful location along the stunning Croatian coastline.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• An enthusiastic, can-do attitude
• People-focused with excellent communication, facilitation and motivational skills
• Proven ability to deliver high quality training and experiential learning in an effective and safe way for youth and adult audiences using a variety of media and styles to maximise learning and outcomes
• Experience of working with and motivating individuals from different backgrounds, nationalities and ages
• Be a strong and flexible team player
• Fluent in Croatian
Desired but not essential
• Academic background in Psychology, Mental Health or Wellbeing
• An interest or practical experience in approaches to holistic wellbeing; such as yoga, meditation or nutrition.
• Working knowledge of the Mental Health Sector
Would be an added bonus!
• Yoga Qualification
• Positive Psychology Qualification
Send your CV on through to [email protected]