Assistant Project Manager - Bali
Responsible to: Operations Manager, Programme Managers & Directors
Responsible for: Local & International Supervisors, Coordinators & Volunteers Location: Bali, Indonesia and surrounding islands
Contract: Minimum 5 months – starting from May 14, 2018
Salary - Weekly stipend and food and transport budget flights, visa and accommodation included
Introduction: SLV.Global is a mental health organisation that provides degree-specific volunteer placements in Sri Lanka and Indonesia. Our placements offer people the chance to gain psychology-focused work experience in addition to teaching English, coaching sports, working with children and with people with special needs.
We offer project and cultural awareness training, leadership opportunities, and encourage volunteers to contribute to the continued growth and development of the team and its projects. The SLV.Global team strives to make a positive, responsible, and sustainable impact in the communities it volunteers in.
Summary of the Role: As part of the Project Management team you are responsible for assisting with the delivery of SLV.Bali’s Placements to the highest possible standard. The role involves working with the management team in the day-to-day operational planning and management, including safety, logistics, transport, overall training, planning and delivery of specific sessions, managing volunteer staff and managing relationships with projects.
The jobholder will act as the link to the Bali Operations Manager with regards the operation and delivery of the placements and events relating to it, including safety and security. The role is directly line managed by the Bali Operations Manager.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Assist in the running of SLV.Bali’s placements recognising the SLV.Global's vision, ethos and values maximising the experience for all participants.
• Assist in leading the operational project planning, reporting and management under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
• Maintain day to day delivery of relationships with partner organisations to ensure the operational delivery of the placements.
• Assist the Operations Manager in leading the organisation of training and contribute to the delivery of training for volunteers and volunteer managers as required.
• Assist the Operations Manager in coordinating and controlling the day to day management of the plan and response to incidents
• Take the lead in managing and supporting the volunteer coordinators and supervisors so that they can achieve SLV.Global’s aims. This will include team building, briefing, providing advice and guidance, and giving practical training and moral support and supervision.
Logistics • Lead on daily communication with international supervisors
• Cross checking the weekly timetables for volunteers on placement
• Cross checking weekly transport schedules
• Supervising volunteer field trips and workshop schedules
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Harriette@slv.global
Application closing date: March 9, 2018